Find your old records as well as new micro groove mono records and experience the Cadenza Mono!
The Cadenza Mono model is made with a Nude Fine Line stylus and a cylindrical aluminium cantilever. The stylus radius is r/R 8/40 µm.
The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire. An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance.
For easy use the pins are connected so you get the same signal from both pairs of connecting pins.
Sharing internal build with the Cadenza Red and with optimized adjustments for mono playback the sound is relaxed, homogeneous and moderate.
Hi-Fi World May 2011 Reviewed by Tony Bolton
“…Tonal qualities of the instruments were nicely textured and displayed…
…found the Mono seemed unperturbed by musical genre, and tracked perfectly through the most worn and damaged records that I could find…
…If you have many monophonic records…then a dedicated mono cartridge is most definately the best way to play them…The results are tightly timed, awash with musical detail and colour…undisturbed by sonic nasties…An insightful, detailed and musical cartridge…”
The story about Cadenza
Cadenza (from Italian: meaning cadence) refers to a portion of a concert in which the orchestra stops playing, leaving the soloist to play alone in free time, without a strict, regular pulse. A cadenza can be written or improvised. It’s usually the most elaborate and virtuosic part the solo instrument plays during the whole piece. At the end of the cadenza, the orchestra re-enters, and generally finishes off the movement.
During the 19th century, composers began to write cadenzas out in full. Others wrote cadenzas for works, where the composer had intended for the solo to be improvised, in order for the soloist to have a well formed solo that they could practice in advance. Some of these have become so widely played and sung that they are effectively a part of the standard repertoire.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec – 0.45 mV
- Frequency range at -3 dB – 20 Hz – 50 kHz
- Frequency response 20 Hz – 20 kHz – +3/-1
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) – 70 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 12 μm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Fine Line on Alu cantilever
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/40 μm
- Tracking force range – 2.2-2.7 g (22-27 mN)
- Tracking force recommended – 2.5 g (25 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance – 50-500 Ohm
- Cartridge body material – Stainless steel Aluminium
- Cartridge colour – Natural/Black
- Cartridge weight – 10.7 g