Ortofon MC Quintet Mono a True Mono from Ortofon
It features Nude Elliptical r/R 8/18µm stylus that is a good solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records. The Quintet Mono will track perfectly through even worn and damaged records and ensure the surface noise control.
Quintet Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
MC Quintet Mono is for playing mono microgroove vinyl records.
Ease of use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec – 0.3 mV
- Frequency range at -3 dB – 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20 Hz – 20 kHz – +/-2.0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) – 70 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range – 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended – 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance – >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material – ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material – Pure 4-nines silver/Ag
- Cartridge colour – White
- Cartridge weight – 9 g
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge. Please read about cartridge set-up and alignment on tonearm on our FAQ.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature’s Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm – without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you’re tonearm is ready to play. 2 – 3 mm spacers should be enough for Quintet cartridge.