The Ortofon MC Quintet Blue is a very homogeneous cartridge
The Quintet Blue’s sound image will tend to more smooth reproduction compared to Quintet Red and moderate dynamic strength compared to Quintet Bronze.
It features a Nude Elliptical diamond mounted on an aluminium cantilever.
The Quintet Blue will bring more space, depth and detail into the sound and is a very good choice for any kind of music, especially rhythmic.
What Hi-Fi? Awards 2020 winner in the category “Best Cartridge Over £150”
“If you’re after an affordable cartridge, we haven’t heard a better option”.
Read the full review here https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/ortofon-quintet-blue.
Ease of use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec – 0.5 mV
- Channel balance – < 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – > 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – > 14 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB – 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz – +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) – 70 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range – 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended – 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance – >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material – ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material – Pure 4-nines copper
- Cartridge colour – Blue
- Cartridge weight – 9 g
*) Typical value