The VELA Series Floorstanding Speaker
A complex design: high-class lacquered and wooden veneered cabinets, which have a trapezoid shape and are angled rearward, combined with aluminum and glass.
The design catches eyes but conduces acoustics, too. The sound of VELA shows it´s family background to successful series 400.
But the advantages are distinct. The angling of the cabinet in combination with the new wave-guide of the JET tweeter improves the definition of stereo and multi-channel audio in modern furnishing. But there are more than the obvious changes. For example the optimized drivers are able to reproduce high-energy transients more precisely.
- Height x Width x Depth: 1307 x 276 x 332 mm
- Weight: 32.1 kg
- Type: 3 ½-Way, bass reflex
- Woofer: 2 x 180 mm Ø, AS XR cone
- Midrange: 150 mm Ø, AS XR cone
- Tweeter: JET 5
- Magnetic shielding: No
- Crossover frequency: 140 | 360 | 2700 Hz
- Frequency range (IEC 268-5): 28 – 50000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 89 dB at 2,83 V/m
- Suitable for amplifiers from… to: 4 – 8 Ω
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 – 450 W/channel
- Nominal | Peak power handling: 200 W | 280 W
- Nominal | Minimum impedance: 4 Ω | 3,4 Ω at 105 Hz
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss, Walnut High Gloss
- Accessories included: Plate with Spikes and Washer
- Optional accessory: Speaker grilles
Form Supports Function
The convex shaped baffle and the big radius’s of the cabinet promote the acoustics because influences of cabinet to frequency response are reduced.
Close to Action
The bottom plate is made of aluminum and is featured with a down-firing bass reflex port which gives advantages in positioning the speaker.
Thanks to it’s flexible connections the Vela series offers the ability of using bi-wiring and bi-amping.