THE EVOLUTION SERIES TAD DA1000TX DISC PLAYER
BRING THE TRUE BEAUTY OF MUSIC TO LIFE.
Listening to recordings exactly as the artists intended. Made possible by an improved and refined design inside and out.
DA1000TX is equipped with the third-generation Asynchronous USB Communication Engine, developed in-house. This engine captures PCM384kH/32bit and DSD256 digital signals with the sampling rate of 11.2 MHz fed from computers1 via a USB port.*1
With the added benefit of a high-slew-rate analog circuit, they are capable of reproducing high-resolution digital audio—from a tight, highly transient bass to high frequencies beyond the audible spectrum—with an unprecedented level of detail, clarity, and dynamism.
* 1 — Operating on Windows 10 or higher or on Mac OS 10.6 or higher
To convey all the emotion and passion of the original source, reproduction must be precise and pure. In the tradition of TAD’s relentless pursuit of this philosophy, high-performance, parallel-connected, dual differential D/A converter ICs are employed—one for each channel. In addition, the Ultra-High C/N (carrier-to-noise ratio) Master Clock UPCG (ultra-high-precision crystal generator) brings the signal-to-noise ratio to an unprecedented level—in both a laboratory and real-world environment. The discrete current-to-voltage (I/V) conversion circuit reduces residual noise even at high slew rates. With all these engineering innovations, the D/A conversion has achieved essentially flawless accuracy.
All internal parts and circuits are made and laid out with meticulous care and precision. Our selection and use of components are validated for alignment between the theory and practice through uncompromising reiterative testing and auditioning processes. This is the very essence and DNA of all TAD audio equipment. For instance, the high-output toroidal primary power transformer connects its internal coil wire directly to the power supply circuit to comfortably handle the enormous power and speed that high-resolution sound reproduction demands. In addition, the use of independent power supply transformers for analog and digital circuits eliminates even the slightest chance of mutual interference.
The TAD-DA1000TX serves as a digital media center capable of handling high-resolution audio sources in the purest form. Their line output has its own volume control, enabling either of them to be connected directly to a power amplifier to simplify the signal path. As an added bonus, the TAD-DA1000TX is equipped with a high-quality headphone amplifier driven by an independent power supply with its own coil wire. The headphone output takes advantage of a dedicated D/A conversion circuit and discrete output buffer to take a headphone-listening experience to a new level.
The TAD-D1000TX serves as a digital media center capable of handling high-resolution audio sources in the purest form. Their line output has its own volume control, enabling either of them to be connected directly to a power amplifier to simplify the signal path.
Digital audio inputs
- 1 XLR, 2 coaxial, 1 optical, 1 USB (Type B)
- Compatible sampling frequencies: XLR and coaxial inputs: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Optical input: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- USB input*: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz, DSD64 (2.8 MHz), DSD128 (5.6 MHz), DSD256 (11.2 MHz)
USB operating environment
- USB 2.0 high-speed
Digital audio output
- 1 XLR, 1 coaxial
Analog audio output
- 1 balanced output
- 1 unbalanced output
Output voltage rated value
- 4 V balanced, 2 V unbalanced (1 kHz 0 dB)
- 115 dB
- Sampling frequency 88.2 kHz and above: 10 Hz to 40 kHz -1 dB
- Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz: 10 Hz to 20 kHz -1 dB
- 1 headphone jack
- Recommended impedance: 8 to 600 Ω
- Maximum output: 125 mW + 125 mW (at 32 Ω)
Power supply voltage
- AC 220 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz (Europe and Asia)
- 49 W
Power consumption during standby
- 0.5 W or less
- 440mm (W) x 150mm (H) x 406mm (D)
- 18.5 kg
* Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Mac OS 10.6 and higher, except PCM352.8 kHz, 384 kHz, DSD128, and DSD256, which are compatible with only Windows 10, Mac OS 10.6 and higher