R1 DELUXE BLUETOOTH RADIO
14 years in the making
In the autumn of 2006 Ruark launched their now iconic R1 radio and with considered refinement and evolution in autumn 2020 they released their fourth generation. Like the original, the design of R1 Mk4 is simple yet stunning, but we believe even more in-tune with what discerning customers are seeking today.
Ideal for the kitchen, perfect in the office and simply delightful to wake up to in the bedroom, the new R1 brings style to any room and with a quality Bluetooth receiver built in you can wirelessly stream to R1 from your phone or computer. Most importantly, if you love music then we are confident that you’ll find R1 Mk4 a revelation.
A NEW STANDARD IN SOUND
Ruarks previous R1 models were critically acclaimed for their sound, but with R1 Mk4 they have further raised the bar! With their heritage in high-fidelity loudspeakers they understand the complexities of enclosure and drive unit design and making sure that both are matched to each other. In particular their latest neodymium NS+ driver, as used in their R3 and R5 models, provides a smooth and extended frequency response and in R1 Mk4’s tuned enclosure delivers an impressive bass performance.
Driving the system is a punchy Class A/B linear amplifier for exceptional dynamics and with adaptive equalisation an eminently listenable sound is provided at all volume levels.
A NEW STANDARD IN FEATURES
Ruarks crisp OLED display clearly shows time, alarm and programme information and auto adjusts to suit ambient light levels, making it a perfect bedside companion. Radio reception is excellent, and a Bluetooth receiver allows you to enjoy R1’s great sound when streaming from your phone or computer.
FM parameters can be set to suit US and Japanese needs and a multilingual user interface makes R1 a truly international proposition. Also with a real time clock built in, time and date are kept active when power is disconnected or when transmitted data is not available.
The list of features continues, but other highlights include a USB-C charge/shuffle playback port, headphone output, switchable line input and of course our trademark RotoDial control system. Finally, for those seeking distant operation, we have an optional compact remote control available.
As Ruark said back in 2006, radio never sounded or looked this good.
- Class leading sound with adaptive EQ
- DAB, DAB+ and FM Tuner
- High quality Bluetooth receiver
- RTC with battery backup
- Intuitive Rotodial control system
- Linear amplifier with Ruark NaturalSound+ driver
- High contrast OLED display with auto dimming
- USB-C charge and shuffle playback port
- Contoured polymer enclosure with acoustic treatment
- Hand-crafted slatted wood grille
- Adjustable EQ settings
- Easily customised for hotel use
- Optional remote control with 4 direct access pre-sets
- Stereo headphone output
- Easy-to-use comprehensive dual alarms
- Sleep function
- Power Consumption: 0.7W standby power; automatic standby after 20 mins, see user guide for more details
- Finishes: Light Cream and Espresso lacquers
- Dimensions: H175 × W130 × D135mm
- Weight: 1.5 Kg