The Best Subwoofer in the World, Period.
The most difficult task in designing SUB 1 and SUB 2 was not just to have these subs play lower and louder than any other subwoofers in the world, but to do so in a size that wouldn’t dominate the average living room, and in a cabinet that could be mistaken for a very fine piece of furniture.
And then there are the mind-boggling specs. SUB 2 plumbs the depths to 7 Hz with bloodcurdling output: 112 dB at 10 Hz, 126 dB at 60 Hz (in room). Connected to a 240-volt line, SUB 2 delivers 4,500 watts of continuous RMS Sustained power and a Frankenstein 9,000 watts of Dynamic Peak power through its unique Power Factor Correction system. Talk about bringing your music and movies to life! SUB 1 is no slouch either, delivering 1,700 watts of continuous power and 3,400 watts at peak.
With not one, but six cutting-edge drivers in each sub, transient information is conveyed with pristine clarity and perfect precision. Dynamics come through with lightning-fast speed and a power so shattering that it must be heard to be believed. Bass reproduction is eerily accurate and detailed, in large part a result of the unique Vibration-Canceling Design Architecture (VCDA)
SUB 2 Specifications
- Design: Hexagonal cabinet with multiple high-excursion drivers radially aligned in a Vibration-Canceling Design Architecture, patented built-in Ultra-Class-D™ power amplifier with Power Factor Correction, sealed enclosure, PBK interface.
NOTE: Due to the incredibly high power and tremendous output the SUB 2’s grilles are non-removable.
- Amplifier: 9,000 watts Dynamic Peak / 4,500 watts RMS
- Amplifier Features: Auto-On / Off, Trigger On / Off, soft clipping, electrical shorting protection, thermal protection
SUB 2’s Universal Input Power feature allows the subwoofer to operate connected to any line voltage between 108 volts and 265 volts. In order to achieve maximum output, connect to a 240-volt line. (See Dealer for additional information.)
- Room Correction Paradigm Perfect Bass Kit™ (Included)
- Low Pass Filter Frequency Variable 35 Hz – 150 Hz; Bypass Option
- Low Frequency Driver Six 254-mm (10 in) RCR™ mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cones, FEA-optimized overmolded thermoplastic foam-surrounds, 76-mm (3 in) ten-layer long-excursion voice coils, high-temperature composite Nomex® formers, dual advanced spiders, 25.2-lb (10.5 kg) hard ferrite magnet / motor structure, massive center heatsink and oversize pole piece, AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis
- Low Frequency Extension 7 Hz (DIN)
- Sub / Sat Phase Alignment Variable 0° – 180°
- Sensitivity 100 mV mono
- Impedance RCA: 10k ohms; XLR: 20k ohms
- Finishes Cherry, Piano Black, Black Ash
- Inputs RCA (S/E) Left and Right or Sub-Out / LFE or Balanced XLR. From Sub-Out / LFE-Out of preamp, processor or other line-level source
- Weight 106 kg
- Dimensions HxWxD 62.2cm × 60.3cm × 56.8cm