The MC Windfeld Ti – a moving coil phono cartridge in the absolute high-end class
At the heart of the MC Windfeld Ti lies a revolutionary customized Selective Laser Melting manufacturing technology pioneered by Ortofon for manufacturing of the legendary MC A90 in 2008. The use of Titanium in the MC Windfeld Ti has provided a further improvement to the overall rigidity of the structure and the cartridge weight.
Our extensive knowledge of vibration properties, characteristics in different shapes and materials, competences in magnetism, mechanical design and new technologies has been applied for optimization of the MC Windfeld model. The MC Windfeld Ti has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations and increasing the dynamic capability of the cartridge.
Those who choose to adopt the MC Windfeld Ti will experience the lifelike, dynamic and open sound, with exceedingly clear midrange. The MC Windfeld Ti remains extremely musical while paying close attention to micro dynamic details, with its delicate, but also analytical nature.
The mechanical integration of the MC Windfeld Ti
Historically, Ortofon has always followed its own path with regard to the mechanical design of the cartridge housing, because mechanical rigidity and total freedom from resonance in the audible range are a precondition for optimal sound quality.
In the MC Windfeld Ti the cartridge’s contact with the tonerarm takes place through three hard, well-defined contact points placed on the fastening section of the cartridge. This means that the mechanical integration of the cartridge and the tonearm arm are always absolutely perfect.
Flexibility and performance with a range of compatibility
With optimized weight and moderate compliance to suit the majority of modern tonearms, the MC Windfeld Ti is easy compatible with an endless array of contemporary high-end turntable equipment, including the Ortofon TA-210 and TA-110 tonearms.
A low output impedance of 7 ohm and a medium output voltage of 0.2 mV makes the Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti a perfect partner for most MC pre-amps as well as step-up transformers, including the Ortofon ST-80 SE.
When combined with Ortofon’s world-class knowledge in analogue sound reproduction, The MC Windfeld Ti will undoubtedly provide sound which is literally unsurpassed and simply has to be experienced.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 0.2 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 0.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 20 dB
- Frequency range at – 3dB – 10 Hz – 50 kHz
- Frequency response – 20 Hz – 20 kHz +2 dB/- 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 90 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 13 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Boron Cantilever
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 5/100 µm
- Tracking force range – 2.0-2.5 g (20-25 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle – 23°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance – > 10 Ohm
- Coil wire material – Aucurum
- Cartridge body material – SLM Titanium and Stainless Steel
- Cartridge colour – Titanium/Black
- Cartridge weight – 11 g