Features of Ortofon 2M Red
– an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
– a tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
– the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
- Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance – 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Red
- 2M standard and 2M Verso cartridges weight – 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge. Please read about cartridge set-up and alignment on tonearm on our FAQ.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature’s Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm – without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you’re tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 – 4 mm spacers should be enough for 2M cartridge.