The DLA-NZ8 D-ILA projector is the world first home theater projector to feature 8K/60p/4K120p input. It is equipped with a new 8K/e-shiftX proprietary technology to reproduce 8K-quality images. The projector is driven by three native 4K D-ILA devices, high-quality 65 mm glass lens, and Ultra-High Brightness of 2,500 lumens. The BLU-Escent laser diode light source also contributes to project images that come close to reality. Compatible with the latest HDR10+, the projector boasts industry leading HDR performance. 8K, Laser, and HDR are the keywords that describe JVCs DLA-NZ8. *As a home theatre projector, as of September 2021; according to a research by JVCKENWOOD.
World’s first home projector capable of inputting 8K60p/4K120p signals
These projectors adopt LSIs developed with the latest technology to process the vast amount of 8K input data, and an up converter to bring any source up to high definition 8K resolution. As a result, more beautiful and realistic video images full of contrast and reality can be enjoyed regardless of the source, from video streaming to 4K UHD-BD videos.
Newly developed 8K/e-shiftX technology to achieve 8K resolution
Essential all-glass lens to depict all the data in the 8K image
The high-end DLA-NZ9 is equipped with an 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens featuring a full aluminium lens barrel*1. To project highresolution 8K images to every corner of the screen, the projector incorporates five ED lenses calibrated for differences in the R/G/B refractive index to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing when lens shift kicks in to deliver precise reproduction of 4K- or 8K-resolution*2 projection.
*1: 65 mm diameter, 17-element, 15-group all glass lens is featured on the DLA-NZ8, NZ7 and N5 models. *2: Resolution varies depending on the model.
Ultra-High Contrast Optics with 4K D-ILA device
High-resolution image projection is reliant on the device and the optical system. The refined 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA device has doubled the speed required to display images from 120 Hz to 240 Hz-equivalent. The new Ultra-High Contrast Optics featured on the DLANZ9 and NZ8 contribute to achieve optical brightness as high as 3,000 lumens*, and the new optics has dramatically improved the image quality by thoroughly suppressing the return of unnecessary light to the projection screen.
*Brightness of 3,000 lumens for the DLA-NZ9 and 2,500 lumens for the NZ8.
Reliability-proved BLU-Escent Laser Diode for exceptional brightness and longevity
The light source for these projectors is the latest blue laser diode BLU-Escent, which is featured in JVC projectors. BLUEscent technology has been adopted for home theatre projectors to achieve exceptional brightness and longevity of 20,000 hours*. Laser diode allows dynamic control of brightness to reproduce images that are closer to human perception. Combining the latest BLU-Escent package with the D-ILA device achieves detailed, smooth, powerful video expression.
*In theory, this amounts to 20 years or more while watching a 2.5-hour movie every day.
HDR10+ Support allows a choice for two dynamic tone mappings
JVC projectors are compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ and Frame Adapt HDR. HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer’s intentions for each scene, Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content using an original algorithm. Ensuring you can watch any HDR content in optimal picture quality.
4K120p input ideal for Low Latency mode
Because these projectors are equipped with 4K120p input, signal latency is infinitesimal, making it effective when displaying high frame-rate gaming content on large screens. What’s more, Low Latency Mode reduces delay in displaying PC signals and games, and improves response to the users’ rapid operations.
- Newly developed 8K/e-shiftX technology reproduces 8K image quality
- BLU-Escent Laser Light Source
- High brightness of 2,500 lm provides vibrant and dynamic images
- Native Contrast Ratio of 80,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of ∞ :1
- 2x HDMI (48 Gbps, HDCP 2.3) inputs, supporting 8K60P and 4K120P input signals
- HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer’s intentions for each scene, and with such data, the projector is able to automatically reproduce images as the creator intended.
- Frame Adapt HDR* dynamically tone maps any HDR10 content frame-by-frame or scene-by-scene and automatically performs adjustment to achieve optimal images close to reality as seen by human eyes. As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation
- New Theater Optimizer** function, which works in Frame Adapt HDR mode, offers optimum HDR images by analyzing usage environments using the screen size and gain information and intelligently adjusts tone mapping.
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- New 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm diameter high-quality lens
- Nine settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Wide Colour Gamut above exceeds DCI/P3 spec creating saturated, beautiful images that come to life
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles