dCS Vivaldi CD/SACD Transport is designed to extract revelatory levels of detail from both CD and SACD and is the ultimate machine for silver disc replay. All signal processing in Vivaldi Transport is proprietary to dCS.
Vivaldi Transport uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo™ mechanism which employs super-rigid construction and a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation.
To enhance the purity of the power supply and isolate the mechanism from the electronics, Vivaldi Transport features a completely new chassis design that has separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections. This gives near-silent operation.
Vivaldi Transport features a Dual AES output that supports encrypted DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s) to a dCS DAC from CD or SACD. Vivaldi Transport also offers the option of upsampling CD data to DXD (24-bit data at 352.8kS/s) or DSD/128 (1-bit data t 5.644MS/s) and transmitting this data over the same Dual AES interface.
SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again using the Dual AES interface. Native CD data is available from 4 PCM outputs (1x AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF and 1x SDIF-2), as is downsampled SACD data.
Vivaldi Transport can be used with the matching Vivaldi DAC or with any suitable industry-standard DAC. The unit may be run either in Master mode or with the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding a Vivaldi Clock to the system.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Transport software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, the Vivaldi Transport gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
- TypeUpsampling CD/SACD Transport.
- ColourSilver or Black.
- MechanismDual laser CD/SACD mechanism (TEAC VRDS NEO™ VMK3).
- Dimensions444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 196mm/7.8”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Digital Outputs1x Dual AES interface on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors, outputs DSD/64 data, whether a CD or SACD is playing. A menu setting changes the format to DXD (24/352.8) or DSDx2 (1/5.644MS/s) when a CD is playing.
1x AES/EBU on 3-pin male XLR connector, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
- Upsampling RatesCD data may be upsampled to DSD/64, DXD (24/352.8) or DSD/128.
- Wordclock I/Oworldclock InputsWord Clock input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. With the transport in Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock derived from the internal crystal oscillator is available on this output.
- Clock AccuracyBetter than +/-10 ppm when shipped (not temperature compensated).
- Software UpdatesUpdates are loaded directly from CD-R.
- Local ControldCS Premium Remote handset is supplied with Vivaldi DAC. RS232 (controlled by a Vivaldi Upsampler / app or a third party device).
- Power SupplyFactory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption28 Watts typical / 40 Watts maximum.