The heart of your Lina system, our powerful network streaming DAC delivers extraordinary sound from any digital source
- Compatible with all digital audio formats
- Supports hi-res streaming from Roon, TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify, Deezer, AirPlay & more
- Features our renowned dCS Ring DAC TMand Digital Processing Platform
- dCS Ring DAC™ system and Digital Processing Platform ensure audio is reproduced with absolute integrity, for a highly detailed, musical and deeply natural sound
- dCS Mosaic platform supports hi-res streaming via Roon, Spotify, Deezer, Qobuz, TIDAL, Internet Radio and Apple AirPlay
- Patented dCS Expanse technology offers enhanced headphone optimisation, for a more natural and immersive experience when listening to a wide range of stereo recordings
- Touch screen UI with customisable menu allows listeners to easily control playback and adjust system settings
- Flexible firmware provides unlimited scope for future upgrades, with new features and enhancements delivered via simple software updatesAll-new electronic and mechanical design delivers a vast range of features in a compact and elegant format, while digital volume control function removes need for separate pre-amp
About the Lina DAC
The Lina Network Streaming DAC is both a continuation and a new beginning. Its design combines renowned dCS technologies and all of the benefits listeners have come to expect from a dCS DAC with a wealth of new innovations, including an all-new mechanical design, plus new technologies developed specifically for headphone listening. It is a complete reimagining of form and function, created with the same relentless focus and ambition as our world-renowned Bartók, Rossini and Vivaldi DACs.
The DAC utilises proprietary dCS playback technologies, including the famous dCS Ring DAC™ and our endlessly flexible Digital Processing Platform, to deliver a deeply natural, highly detailed, and profoundly musical sound. With its wide dynamic range, crisp, clear playback, expansive soundstage, and tonal neutrality, it delivers a highly revealing and compelling performance that uncovers the true depth and essence of a recording.
Its powerful flex-rigid circuit board enables us to deliver a huge range of features in a compact chassis (our smallest yet). The result is a supremely capable product that caters to a wide range of settings, including rooms where space is at a premium.
Add unique headphone optimisation technology, a high-performance streaming platform, and digital volume control enabling use in systems without a preamp, and you have a hugely versatile source that delivers a spectacular performance in a vast range of setups. Designed to inspire, inform and entertain, it will give you a whole new perspective on the artists and recordings you love.
At the heart of all dCS DACs is the Ring DAC™: a proprietary digital-to-analogue conversation system renowned for its ultra-wide bandwidth, technical accuracy, and ability to reveal astonishing levels of detail in digital recordings – from the subtlest of sounds, to the sense of time and harmonic movement, and the atmosphere that surrounds a musical performance. This unique component is an integral part of our systems, and remains unrivalled in its sonic and technical abilities.
At the heart of Lina’s design is a powerful flex-rigid circuit board housing over 2,000 individual components. Designed by dCS engineers, this extraordinary piece of technology allows us to combine all of Lina’s core functions and features on to a single circuit. This not only saves space, it also allows us to deliver an incredibly clean signal path, which is essential for great audio.
Available to all Lina Network DAC owners, dCS Expanse is a unique headphone processing platform which offers an enhanced version of crossfeed optimisation. With its unique multi-stage processing method, Expanse optimises audio while preserving the reverberation in a recording (something that is crucial to helping us localise sounds, and establish a sense of space and depth.) Accessed via two optional settings, it can provide a heightened sense of realism when listening to a wide range of stereo recordings.
Product Dimensions / Weight
121.5mm (H) x 220mm (W) x 339mm (D) 7.4kg
• 1 stereo balanced pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1 kHz is better than 40dB. Output impedance is 3Ω , maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ – 100kΩ load is recommended)
• 1 stereo unbalanced pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ – 100kΩ load is recommended)
• Output levels are 0.2V, 0.6V, 2V, or 6V rms for a full-scale input, set in the menu.
Better than –115dB0, 20Hz-20kHz
Supports the following platforms and services:
• Internet Radio
• Apple AirPlay 2 (support at 44.1 or 48kS/s)
Multi-stage DXD oversampling with switchable DSD Upsampling (1-bit 2.822 or 3.07MS/s) and DSDx2 Upsampling (1-bit 5.644 or 6.14MS/s).
• 2 x AES/EBU on 3 pin XLR 44.1-384kS/s
• 1 x S/PDIF BNC Coax 44.1-192kS/s
• 1 x S/PDIF on RCA 44.1-192kS/s
• 1 x Toslink 44.1-96kS/s
• 1 x USB Type B 44.1-384kS/s, PCM and DSD, DSDx2 in Async Mode
• 1 x USB Type A connector for mass storage devices (navigated using Mosaic)
Frequency Response (set to filter 1)
• Fs = 44.1 or 48kS/s +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz
• Fs = 88.2 or 96kS/s +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz -3dB @ >38kHz
• Fs = 176.4 or 192kS/s +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz -3dB @ >67kHz
• Fs = 352.8 or 384kS/s +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz -3dB @ >100kHz
• DSD64 +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz -3dB @ >90kHz
• DSD128 +/-0.1dB, 10Hz-20kHz -3dB @ >100kHz
Residual Noise (6v output setting)
• 16-bit data: Better than –96dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted
• 24-bit data: Better than –113dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted
Sample frequencies and formats
Supports the following audio formats
and sample rates:
• 44.1-384kS/s up to 24 bits
• DSD/64, DSD/128
• Native DSD + DoP (input dependent)
• FLAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA
90-127V / 220-240V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: 30W