Revel C205 low-frequency transducers and midrange transducer feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
The C205 tweeter has been created around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for the Performa3 category. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The C205 are housed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures feature sleek curved tops and bottoms, which are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black, high-gloss piano white or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The loudspeaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you decide to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
To learn more about the C205 center channel loudspeakers, please read the Owner’s Manual located in the downloads section.
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
- DESCRIPTION 2-way Center Channel Loudspeaker
- HIGH-FREQUENCY DRIVER COMPONENTS 1” (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- LOW-FREQUENCY DRIVER COMPONENTS Dual 5.25” (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- INPUT CONNECTIONS Binding Posts
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER 50-120
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES 1.7 kHz
- LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION -10dB@46Hz -6dB@62Hz -3dB@80Hz
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 Ohms
- SENSITIVITY 89dB
- ENCLOSURE TYPE Sealed
- FINISHES Piano Black, Piano White, or High Gloss Walnut
- HEIGHT 7.9″ (20 cm) Note: Optional stand adds 10.8″ (27.5 cm) to the height.
- WIDTH 21″ (53.2 cm)
- DEPTH 11.5″ (29.2 cm)
- WEIGHT Net Weight: 26 lb (12 kg) Note: Optional stand adds 15 lb (7 kg) to the weight.