KOMMER I NOVEMBER 2019
The Pioneer SC-LX904 comes with the 6th generation of the Direct Energy HD Amplifier and two ES9026PRO DACs, and is the befitting AV receiver to combine with Pioneer’s flagship universal disc player. MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning technology featuring Full Band Phase Control brings out the best from the 3D surround sounds of IMAX® Enhanced, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X, while PQLS jitter-less transmission provides rich, lifelike audio. The new Audio Exclusive Mode and AV Direct Mode let you enjoy detailed sound by turning off the unused functions that affect quality sound reproduction.
Direct Energy HD Amplifier
Continuously evolving throughout the years, Pioneer’s Direct Energy HD Amp has now reached the 6th generation. New power coils are adopted for the ideal speaker drive, as well as new custom film capacitors co-developed with Shinyei Capacitor for the ultimate sound. The power supply and patterning has been developed through repeated tuning. Also, the entire transmission path from the pre stage to the power stage has been changed to balanced circuitry, to transmit noise-free high-quality signals to the power stage.
MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
MCACC Pro, the pinnacle of Pioneer’s auto room tuning technology, analyses the phase and group delay characteristics to precisely control phase differences between speakers. MCACC Pro corrects phase differences in all ranges and all channels, from phase difference in the original audio material to the sound emitted from the speakers. IMAX Enhanced The SC-LX904 is IMAX Enhanced, certified to deliver the powerful sound just as intended by the filmmaker, and provide the immersive experience on your home theater.
ESS 384 kHz/32-bit DAC
Two 384 kHz/32-bit ESS DACs (ES9026PRO), same as the ones used for Pioneers PD-70AE SACD player, are used for all channels. With extremely precise D/A conversion and high S/N ratio, the DAC provides powerful sound full of rich details.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The Pioneer SC-LX904 is compatible with 7.2.4ch/7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch configuration of Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and lifelike audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Full Band Phase Control
The technology focuses on the group delay in the speaker network filter, and adjusts the phase of each unit as well as the group delay for each speaker. The technology gives multi-range speakers the sound coherence of full-range speakers, while retaining the wide frequency range advantage.
2 Subwoofer Pre-Out
You can connect two powered subwoofers, and also set the volume level for each one at different levels.
PQLS Jitterless Sound Transmission
With the precision quartz controller on the AV receiver, Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) eliminates distortion caused by timing errors. It controls the amount of audio signals from the AV receiver to the Pioneer universal disc player connected via HDMI, giving the best possible digital-to-analogue conversion.
PQFA Jitterless Sound Processing for Network/USB
With PQFA (Precision Quartz File-based Audio), clocks are available for each stage of input, digital signal processing, and D/A conversion, and the shorter path prevents jitter from occurring. Additionally, a high-precision clock IC (OSC) is used to realise D/A conversion with significantly less jitter.
Audio Exclusive Mode
Interference from video signals is eliminated by turning off the video signal path via HDMI. You can enjoy detailed sound, full of spatial feel.
AV Direct Mode
The feature turns off the network functions to suppress digital noise within the AV receiver, and improves sound quality for analogue playback, digital input, HDMI playback etc. Mode 1 turns off the network module operation clock, while Mode 2 shuts down the network power completely for more superior sound.
Works with Alexa
Works with Alexa makes you control the Pioneer SC-LX904 with your voice via Alexa-enabled device such as the Amazon Echo, to play, pause, and skip titles or control the volume. You can enjoy the music via streaming service such like Amazon Music by selecting song title, artist name, release year, and genre.
Next Generation Video
Standard Ready The Pioneer SC-LX904 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Colour Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.3, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
Anti-Standing Wave Insulators
The Anti-Standing Wave Insulator features a special form with no parallel sides inside to prevent cavity resonance. This makes the sound localisation, tone, and scale clearer, while also enhancing the response to quick sound.
AC Inlet Type Thick Cable
A thick AC inlet type power cable is included to provide superior sound.
- Channels: 11
- Amplification Type: Class D (Direct Energy HD)
- 215 W x 11ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1 %, 1ch Driven IEC)
- Advanced Direct Construction
- Rigid Trans-Stabilizer
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulator
- AC Inlet Type Thick Cable
- IMAX Enhanced
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2 ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus™ floating-point DSP (TI)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with ES9026PRO x 2
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) on HDMI
- MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
- Full Band Phase Control
- Precision Distance
- Subwoofer EQ
- Multi-point Standing Wave Control
- PQLS Jitterless Sound Transmission
- PQFA Jitterless Sound Processing for Network/USB
- Audio Exclusive Mode
- AV Direct Mode
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.3 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)*1
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Compliant Wide Colour Gamut Signal Pass-through
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v. Colour”
HOME NETWORK FEATURES
- FlareConnect™ for Multi-room Audio
- Works with Alexa
- Chromecast built-in*2 and Works with the Google Assistant
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App
- Apple AirPlay 2
- Roon Tested
- Works with SONOS
- Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Hi-Fi Music-Streaming Services Ready*3
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*4, AIFF, FLAC, WAV (RIFF) and 11.2 MHz DSD*5
- Personal Preset
- Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) 802.11ac Compliant Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.2, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- Pioneer Remote App*6 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
- PC Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- Self-Illuminating Remote Control
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 3 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB, 1 for ZONE 2)
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- AV (Component) 2 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Audio 6 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 2 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 3 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer x 2 Pre Out
- ZONE B Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- ZONE2/ZONE 3 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 11ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, SURROUND BACK, HEIGHT 1, HEIGHT 2)
- IR 2 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 340 W/0.2 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 440 mm
- Weight: 18.5 kg