The 2M Mono SE is the one mono cartridge to play all the old and new mono records in existence.
Ortofon 2M Mono Special Edition cartridge was specifically created as a tribute to the Mono Beatles albums Set released in 2014. The Beatles have an important place in many music lovers’ hearts and Ortofon is honoured to ensure high quality, modern replay from the new Mono Box Set.
Leif Johannsen, Ortofon Chief Officer Acoustics and Research, reveals the story behind the MONO cartridges and features the 2M MONO SE, the one MONO cartridge to play all the old and new mono records in existence, including the latest “The Beatles: The 22 Singles Collection”, released 22nd November 2019.
• The cartridge body manufactured from Lexan DMX Piano White, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
• A special upgraded engine which provides a high level of sonic accuracy.
• Split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire that enhances the details in the reproduction of the sound. The split pole pins enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response as with a moving coil cartridge.
• r/R 6/50µm Nude Shibata stylus, which highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
• Strapped output delivers the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
• The cartridge body has been streamlined to provide easy mounting and alignment. 2M Mono SE provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 3.5 mV
- Frequency range – 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 2 /- 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius – r/ R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.5g (15 mN)
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 600 Ohm
- Internal inductance – 300 mH
- Recommended load resistance for stereo/mono connection – 47 kOhm/23.5 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance for stereo/mono connection – 150-300 pF/300-600 pF
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Cartridge body material – Lexan DMX Piano White
- Coil wire material – Silver plated copper wire
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – White/White
- Cartridge weight – 7.2g
- Replacement stylus unit – 2M Mono SE